Grief & Healing
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes, and at the same time, they get to share strong feelings with one another.
In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- Growth House – Discusses hospice care, dying with dignity, terminal illness, grief and bereavement.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Gadsden Memorial Funeral Home has been faithfully serving families of Gadsden, Alabama and surrounding areas. Our reputation is built upon the personal and dedicated services we provide. We have committed ourselves to continuously meeting the needs and expectations of our clients.
We offer a full line of quality end of life services. We have a large selection of caskets, urns, and clothing to fit every budget. In order to assist families in customizing the funeral or memorial service, we provide online links to printing companies, florists, and other relevant resources.
ORDER SUPPORT 888-610-8262
1318 East Broad Street | Gadsden, AL 35903 | TEL: 256-492-4366 | FAX: 256-492-4326